If you are planning to study English in Melbourne, we offer the following nationally recognised English courses through CRICOS provider Baxter Institute (02233M)(National Provider Number 7030).
English as an Additional Language (EAL)
Certificates in Spoken & Written English (CSWE)
- Certificate I in EAL (Access) | CRICOS CODE: 082181M | Duration: 28 weeks
- Certificate II in EAL (ACCESS) | CRICOS CODE: 082182K | Duration: 28 weeks
- Certificate III in EAL (Further Study) | CRICOS CODE: 082183J | Duration: 30 weeks
- Certificate IV in EAL (Further Study) | CRICOS CODE: 082184G | Duration: 25 weeks
- Course in Preliminary Spoken & Written English | CRICOS CODE: 080527F | Duration: 28 weeks
- Certificates I – IV in Spoken & Written English | Duration: 28 weeks
- IELTS preparation – contact us for more information
Certificate I and II are designed for students who have limited English and wish to improve their written/spoken English for travelling or being able to make daily conversations with locals.
Certificate III and IV (Academic English) are designed for students who wish to gain an English ability equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or 6.5 in order to apply for further courses conducted by Registered Training Organisations, TAFE, colleges or Australian Universities.
If you next extra preparation before you take an IELTS Test. This type of course is specifically designed to boost your existing English skills across the four assessed IELTS areas.
20 hours per week face to face plus 5 hours personal or group study.
Units of Competency
For more information about the units of competency for each course please see: http://baxter.vic.edu.au/index.php/english-courses-melbourne/
Fees & Costs
Baxter Institute offers affordable practical courses suitable for your individual needs.
- Tuition: English courses from $195 per week or $4900 per course
- Enrolment Fee: $150
- Application Fee: $150
- Materials Fee (books): $150
- Overseas Student Health Cover: from $280 for 9 months
Evolve Migration Australia can help with your student visa application:
- Student visa fee: $550 + 1.5% credit card surcharge
- Migration agent fee: $550
Total fees required for the first semester: from $6,715*
*does not include accommodation, travel or living expense costs during your stay in Australia.