Eligibility Requirements for Employer Sponsorship Visas
Temporary Work Skilled Visa (subclass 457)
The Subclass 457 Temporary Work skilled visa is a temporary visa that is for skilled workers who are sponsored by an approved employer in a nominated occupation. This visa will allow you to work for up to four years.
Outline of eligibility requirements – 457 visa
The visa applicant will need to demonstrate that:
- they have been sponsored by an approved business; and
- they have the required skills to fill a position nominated by an approved business.
The Sponsor will need to satisfy a number of requirements, including the following key requirements:
- is a lawfully operating business
- meets training requirements (Australian businesses only)
- agrees to the number of subclass 457 workers to be nominated
- have no relevant adverse information against your business
- demonstrate their commitment to employing local labour as well as non-discriminatory recruitment practices
There are two options to become an approved sponsor:
- Option 1: Apply to be a standard business sponsor
- Option 2: Negotiate a labour agreement.
Contact us for more information.
How much does this visa cost?
The below is an estimate of the relevant government lodgement fees (subject to change):
- Base application fee: $1060
- Non-internet Application Charge: N/A
- Additional applicant charge for each additional adult that is 18 years and over: $1060
- Additional applicant charge for each additional adult that is 18 years or under: $265
Sponsorship and nomination charges may also apply. Theses charges are payable to the Department of Immigration.
- Sponsorship fee: $420
- Nomination fee: $330